RMR Council Meeting 5/15/16

Minutes of the Subud RMR Council Meeting May 15, 2016 Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Salomon Chavez (RH), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Lianne Card (NH), Lawrence Pevec (RH), Rohanna Muth, Rachael Amos (RH), Max Zieher. Next meeting TBA Regional Congress RH did testing: general feeling of waking up, expansion, growth, coming and being together, connecting spiritually, space for possibilities and opportunity for new experience. How to put the testing into practice: Spread ourselves around and make contact with others—be loving and friendly Pray before meetings and for others—awareness of being in service to members Testing after latihan and forums for sharing deeper experiences Sharing circles and holding the space—encouraging members to talk Registration: 24 rooms reserved—45 registered including children. Need to do testing of chairman and vice chairman—collect nominees Focus on the silent auction. Can do a group auction if there are valuable donations. Practical arrangements: Audiovisual projector (available in the conference room) Nametags with meal tickets Remind attendees of silent auction and gift shop Roland to do draft schedule with Rohanna and distribute Regional Humanitarian Project Few responses to the survey—members need specific suggestions not abstract ideas Need something initiated from the heart and inner feeling Support existing … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 4/10/16

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Salomon Chavez (RH), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Lianne Card (NH), Lawrence Pevec (RH), Rohanna Muth, Rachael Amos (RH), Max Zieher  Next meeting Sunday 8th of May from 5:30-6:30 Congress Registration Registration: 15 members signed up—need 35-40 people. Complete registration target date May 2nd—must send 50% deposit on May 14th. Send out reminders/prompts and invite Dallas members (Ruslan) and women in Santa Fe (Joanna).   Remind National Office and put piece in E-Blast (Roland). ABQ members need to register (Rohanna/Max). Need to get hard copies of registration form to each group—Roland, Boulder; Salomon, ABQ Many members say they cannot come. Congress Task Checklist Onsite table: Fri night/Sat morn—Joanna, Cedar, Lawrence and other (ABQ?) Badges: Salomon to print—needs list of Subud names 5 days before Meal tickets: need 4 volunteers—possible those with financial assistance Workshops/Presentations: Atalanta, Housing Committee, Humanitarian Project, Roland, Cedar, Art?—Roland to coordinate Gift Shop: Rachael—limited room in the shop. Remind people to bring products Silent Auction: Laura—need tables, probably in main space Loud Auction: Ruslan—remind people to bring treasures for both auctions (All) Facilities Liaison/Steward: ask people to volunteer at sign up—spread responsibility Transportation: Max to coordinate on Friday. Cars available. Childcare: Not many … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 3/13/16

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Salomon Chavez (RH), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Lianne Card (NH), Sophia Nicoletti, Lawrence Pevec (RH) Next meeting Sunday 10th of April from 5:30-6:30 Notices: National Congress in Indianapolis—July 6 – 10 European Gathering in Poland—July 24 – Aug 3 Americas Gathering in Cali Colombia—Aug 10 – 17  2016 Regional Congress—May 28 – 30 Send out notice inviting members to pretest for Regional Chairman. Also invite pretesting for a further woman Regional Helper. Registration form should be complete by end of week and then a week to get up on the website. Pay via Paypal. Need to get a rough estimate of attendees: contact groups Childcare: Max; Entertainment: Loretta and Eli. Need people for transportation, gift shop, registration, etc. Agenda: Testing for Regional and Vice Chairman; financial report; charitable project; housing Circle sharing; workshops and presentations; auction; entertainment. Women’s Retreat in Crestone (Joanna) 10-11 women—group testing, healing latihans for woundedness of self, relationships and world Soul collage, music and singing Atalanta (Joanna) Application and planning for water and sewer services. Preliminary cost around $10,000. Local fund donated $2,000 for legal fees. Renewed interest and energy to work on infrastructure for 8-9 acres development. Regional Housing … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 1/10/16

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Salomon Chavez (RH), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Lianne Card (NH), Cedar Barstow (Vice Chair), Ruslan Feldman (RH), Rachel Amos (RH), Loretta Covert, Rohanna Muth. Next meeting Sunday 14th of February from 5:30-6:30 Regional Congress Testing: Best before National Congress, not in Ramadhan. Feeling needs to be inclusion and connection, not just business Timing: Prefer Memorial Day weekend Sat. 28th-30th. Other weekends in late May possible. Early June weekend not good for some members. Venue: Rohanna checked out Bosque Center—prices and facilities good but need to clarify if onsite childcare and children meals possible. Rohanna and Salomon will visit the Madonna Center—Roland to explore required group liability insurance with National Office Children and Families: Needs to actively include children and families. Need structured professional childcare onsite or close by. Women’s Gathering/Retreat Loretta Covert hosting a women’s Kedjiwaan meeting on March 4th-6th at her house in Crestone More information will be available in the Regional Newsletter coming out soon. Review of Council Proposals and Tasks in 2016 Spiritual Wellness: Regional Helper Visits: Men and women helpers visited Denver. Women helpers visited Santa Fe. Men helpers visited Albuquerque. Proposed RH visits in 2016: Carbondale, Phoenix and women … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 12/13/15

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Salomon Chavez (RH), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Lianne Card (NH) Next meeting Sunday 10th of January from 5:30-6:30 1. Regional Census and Survey Census information sent to National Office Many members did not respond; others really appreciated the contact Some older members needing contact—suggestion that RHs have a few members to keep regular contact with (Joanna to organize) Need to remind regional members of the regional latihan: 7.00 on 2nd Sunday of the month. Put the date and time on the website (Roland).  2. Regional Congress National congress is on 6th July to miss Ramadhan (June 6th – July 5th). Other regions have congresses on Memorial Day (May 27th – May 29th) Testing shows it is better to have our congress before that date. Possible weekends: May 27th– 29th, June 3rd-5th, 10th-12th, 17th-19th, 24th-26th, July 1st -3rd. Dean and Rohanna are looking into venues in Taos and ABQ. Trying to keep the costs low ($100 per room, registration $500-$100) to allow more members to attend. 3. Regional Project Planning Group Members: Rohanna Muth, Simon Shima, Roland Evans, Sofia Nicoletti and Joanna Dokson First meeting in January 4. Regional Finances Funds in bank decreasing but still … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 10/11/15

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Lawrence Pevec (RH), Salomon Chavez (RH), Laura Lathrop, Ruslan Feldman (RH), Cedar Barstow (Vice Chair), Lianne Card (NH). Apologies: Rohanna Muth (sent email)  Next meeting Sunday 15th of November from 5:30-6:30 Contacting Regional Members Purpose: Help a sense of inclusion, talk to people at a deeper level, more communication Format: Start with regional members—allocate 5 names to each person to call. Ask the basic questions to start a conversation. Record answers and explore more. Process: Coordinate with the census? Contact members outside of your group. Roland and Cedar to organize Questions: What is most important to you in Subud? What do you want more of and less of from Subud? How can we in the region be of help? Reports from Regional Helpers Visit to ABQ: Oct 23rd-25th—3 men Regional Helper and regional chairperson. ABQ women members do not request a RH visit at present Article in Newsletter from the Regional Helpers Sign up for Bapak’s Talks by email: http://list.web.net/lists/listinfo/subud-bapaktalks-l  Regional Latihans: Regional Latihans have a different quality Expect involvement to be gradual—need to include and inform regional members 00 Noon on Sunday not convenient. New time will be 7.00 pm … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 9/13/15

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Lawrence Pevec (RH), Salomon Chavez (RH), Laura Lathrop, Sophia Nicoletti Next meeting Sunday 11th of October from 5:30-6:30 Feedback from the National Gathering in CA Lawrence: Met with regional and national helpers plus an international helper Discussed common problem of lack of harmony in groups—agreed on need to create more social connection and community Impressed by creative aspects of the gathering and the energy around the wings—culture (SICA), charity (SBI) and enterprise (SES). Good latihans and testing of Ibu Rahayu’s questions—tests are only available at large gatherings, not locally Sophia: Felt harmony with helpers and members. Small group testing Wings were coming alive—more optimism about Arizona Ibu Rahayu’s test questions different for women—relationship with own mother. Roland: National Board of Directors asked what does our region want from the Board. One need is to know if a person is opened and a Subud member? (Salomon) Check with new directory and national office (Roland) Report from Arizona (Sophia)—approx. 30 members with some leaving the area Flagstaff: 2 men and 2 women—rent Quakers hall on Sundays and do other latihans in people’s homes—try to meet with isolated member from Sedona Phoenix: Rent … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 7-12-15

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Cedar Barstow (Vice Chair), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Ruslan Feldman (RH), Marie Jeffers, Rachel Amos (RH). Next meeting Sunday 16th of August from 5:30-6:30 1. The Regional Gathering Feedback: The gathering was very harmonious with members being positive, flexible and working together—a very good feeling. It reflected that the region has matured and members are able to have fun. Organization: The use of an outdoor space and last-minute preparation meant a lot of hard work and man-hours for the core team. Though the gathering went off successfully, it was felt that this level of effort is not sustainable. Finances: All expenses of the gathering were covered with a small surplus of approximately $200. 2. Helper Travel to the National Gathering Helper Travel Fund (HTF): Regional Helpers have asked for assistance going to the National Gathering. The helpers travel fund is low ($150). Travel Fund Criteria: To access the fund, helpers must fulfill a role at Subud meetings that either represents or is of benefit to the region. Help is given for travel, registration or a portion of expenses that need to be documented. Regional Assistance Fund (RAF): This fund was earmarked to help members come to regional events. The fund has not been … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 5/17/15

Attending: Loretta, Roland, Orianne, Eli, Ruslan Regional Gathering Accomodation: Not many left, as there is another event that weekend. Book soon. Eli has sent reminder—may need another Available: Casa del sol, one single room $70/night.  Sangre de Cristo Inn. Registration: 28 people registered including 12 kids At least 15 more indicated they are coming but not registered Maybe 50 plus people total Discussion about possibly calling people, maybe isolated people or people who have indicated interest. Practical Preparation We have the tents We have some volunteers to help with setup on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Maybe hire a young person to help with manual labor Max will come a day early to help. What happens to tents for family camp? Probably get help from families staying for family camp. Breakdown on Sunday night by people staying? Childcare Covered by experienced person on Saturday (not sure about Sunday) Activities available for kids on Saturday Kids in opening circle on Saturday. Kids at stables for artistic and other activities Latihan: Simultaneous latihan possible if we use POA Schedule: Friday at POA: 3:00 POA open for Registration. Loretta and Roland to do meet and greet, provide information, etc. 5:00 Meal – help yourself whenever you get … Continue reading

RMR Council Meeting 2/8/15

Attending: Roland Evans (Chair), Cedar Barstow (Vice Chair), Eli Dokson (Treasurer), Joanna Dokson (RH), Salomon Chavez (RH), Lillia Worthington, Ruslan Feldman (RH), Victor Wuamett, Sophia Nicoletti, Orianne Evans, Leanne ?, Lawrence Pevec (RH), Rohanna Muth .  Next meeting Sunday 8th of March from 5:30-6:30. 1. Regional Gathering & Family Camp Albuquerque tested negative to host the gathering. Limited testing in Crestone was positive The weekends 5th-7th June and 12th-14th June were proposed as possible dates Megumi Sugihara in Crestone volunteered to oversee organization Possible venues are Colorado College and Dharma Ocean conference center: Megumi and Joanna to check availability. Family camp to follow after or be before the gathering, depending on which weekend.  2. Fundraising Cedar proposed to send out an email and letter explaining group and regional expenses with requests for pledges—with follow up each quarter: All agreed Recommended minimum pledge of $5 per month should not preclude low income households Important to welcome small contributions and one time donations Information about national expenses and pledges not to be included Cedar to work with Roland to get out the letter in next two weeks. Regional Housing Committee Victor and the RHC proposed using the regional housing fund to provide … Continue reading